Wednesday, March 14, 2007

So Wouldn't Ya Think

That being back from my wonderful vacation, I'd have been blogging all over the place about it and posting pictures for your viewing pleasure?

You would think... However, I got super-zapped with a super cold ON MY FIRST DAY BACK TO WORK!!! I am, however (love that word, "however") very grateful that whatever bug decided to bug me had the good grace to wait til my trip was over. Having said that, I had 4 shifts in a row (my choice) and was rather wiped out. I had a couple of days off-- mostly spent sleeping-- and then a couple more work days.

Y'know what they say about colds-- 3 days coming, 3 days with you, 3 days going. I've logged 3 packages of zinc, uncounted ibuprofens, numerous hot lemonades, a couple of boxes of tissues, and although I resisted as long as possible, the minimum amount of sudafed needed to make breathing possible. The toughest part of the whole thing was having to wear a mask at work in order to protect my patients and co-workers. (It would be awful to put them at risk.)

I'm past the 3 days going, and have only residual sniffles. So I'm there. And I'd best catch up.

Breathtaking!

The entire state of Hawaii is amazing. Every time I turned around there were mountains,
Beautiful gardens.


Magical, mystical (and sometimes semi-obscene looking) natural structures that are the basis of myths and folklore.

These pics were from Maui-- we toured around the island and thoroughly enjoyed the sights, the history, the wonderful people.

The Ocean Center had all the native fish-- including some (thankfully) small sharks.







Did I Mention Rainbows?


We Went to a Luau. I Ate Poi.

These rather hunky looking guys are taking the kalua pig (method of cooking-not coffee liqueur) out of the pit. It was amazing. At the risk of offending my North Carolina brethern and sistern, it is even better. These same rather hunky looking guys did fire dances.

1 comment:

Vouray said...

WOW! Glad you are feeling alittle better!