Friday, June 16, 2006

A Busy, Happy Time

Well, now…  it’s been awhile.  And it’s been a busy while.

And guess what!  I have some actual pictures to share.

I went to Bermuda on a wonderful anniversary cruise with The Husband. This is us on the ship inport Hamilton. I had lots of favorites about the cruise, but one of the best was sunrise.

The service was amazing. Our cabin steward, Eduardo made sure were kept amused

The only thing that wasn't wonderful about the entire trip-- I REALLY mean the ONLY thing, is that the shuffleboard deck was directly over our stateroom. I sent a letter to Norwegian Cruise Line-- "just sayin'".

Then I worked for a few days, and then was off to Chicagoland for bridal showerage for my sister-in-law-to-be (sorry, no pics).

To support my traveling and yarn habits, I had to work for a few more days—and nights—and then we were off again for wedding festivities.

The rehearsal was a lot of fun.  This is Brother#4 and The Beloved. My job was organize The Cousins (our collective 24 kids) who lined the aisle and each gave a rose to the Cousins-to-Be as they came up the aisle.  So each of the Cousin-to-Be girls had a dozen roses as their bouquets.

In anticipation of the wedding, I rushed to finish the very purple Spring Fling.  Unfortunately, the shape was not the best, and I’m not quite sure why.  I made it in the larger size, and that may have been a problem.  It looks a bit like a shrug/wrap rather than a short-sleeved sweater.  It will work great, and I’ll wear it in that capacity.  However, it’s not The Daughter’s style, and I had the presence of mind to realize that before I even offered it to her.  Didn’t want her to feel she had to wear it, y’know.  I may wash it and put it in the dryer to see if it comes in a bit.  (Note of caution to knitters of purple Cathay.  The stuff runs a bit (a bunch) on the first wash.  Be sure to block by the soaking method or wash separately.  I haven’t noticed it as dramatically on other Cathay colors—but haven’t knit up the black yet.)

Then to the actual wedding.  I have great pictures, and I’ll show them in person to The Irregulars.  The Brothers really clean up well, and everyone looked wonderful and had a super time.  There was dancing and great dinner, and (I understand) a beautiful cake.  (I was called to service to assist someone, and missed seeing the cake, but it tasted great.) and we danced some more, and then The Legal Cousins, Sister #1 and her husband and I shut down the bar adjacent to the hotel.

A VERY early morning after, I picked up brunchies for the group who later gathered at The Parents’ suite for present-opening.

Then to The Spouses-in-Law (The Husband’s brother and his Lovely and Charming Wife) where we had a lovely dinner, caught up on life, and The Son taught The Brother-In-Law how to best load and use his new iPod.  (That’s why we had The Offspring, you know.  They’re most handy to have around.)

We returned home.

It’s been a busy, busy, happy, happy time.
I think I’ll take a nap.


knit_n_nascar said...

Wow! It sounds like you've had a wonderful, busy, fun-, love- and laughter-filled few weeks.

I SO love it when the stewards peform towel origami (I was most disappointed in my last cruise when I got nothin'!). I have to admit, I saw nary a sunrise though.

Ann said...

love, love, LOVE the sunrise pictures!! we never get good horizon here ... it's one of my favorite things about traveling.

can't wait to see the rest of your pics!

Maeve said...

looks like you had such an amazing time - you guys look so happy and relaxed!!