Saturday, September 16, 2006

I''ve Been Waiting..

To post until I had some pictures worth sharing. But I figured I'd better get some words on the screen, or it might be more weeks before I post. Bad form.

First, go visit
Erin and wish her some sunshine and cheer. I'm apparently not the only one who has been in the dumps by our dreary weather. I actually started getting up early enough to sit in front of the "anti-SADD" lamp for a couple of hours. Does it work? Don't know yet-- I'll let you know after I've done it for a couple of weeks.

No such problems today, though.

It's sunny and beautiful out, here in Blacksburg. And what a nice time we had with our time in the sun. See? 36-0. It's a good thing (at least if you're a Hokie). The ride down yesterday was pretty gloomy, and punctuated with at least one Virginia State Police car about every 3 miles or so. It was quite amazing. I've never seen so many.

Knitting-wise, I've unearthed Fibonacci. I started the critter about a year and a half ago, and put it aside for a couple of reasons. The first was that the entire thing is stockinette stitch, and I was going nuts. The second was that it is knit sideways from the sleeve, and when I joined the neckhole, I discovered that it was several inches short of where it needed to be, and I got ticked off. The third was that I decided to "throw" rather than using the continental knitting technique that is more comfortable for me. I ended up knitting it quite tightly, and my hands were getting rather crampy.

So, when I re-started, I decided to do the rest of it continental, and hope that it'll all come out even in the blocking. I also went down from 6's to 3's, and the stitches look pretty much the same. Interesting, huh?

I finished the Wee Sockies and the Baby Kimono. The Kimono is done and blocked, and needs about 10 total inches of sewing up for finishing. So when do you think THAT'LL happen?

Now if I can just remember to get some batteries for my camera....

No comments: