Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Stash Diving and Getting Back on the Needles

I went through a really dry spell for a pretty long time. After my Mom died, I just found it really hard to focus on knitting, and especially focusing on identifying a pattern, a technique and a yarn to "get going" on.

Following that loss was the closing of my home away from home-- Knit Happens in Alexandria, where I found inspiration and friendship with kindred spirits and souls. These women, and the occasional man, supported each other through our life experiences-- weddings, deaths, kids growing up... and I really miss them. Yes, I know there are other LYS around-- and we have some terrific ones in the area. Taking nothing away from them, it's not the same.

Through Facebook and blog-dom, we keep in touch-- albeit somewhat sporadically. We've moved to different areas of the country and world.

Elspeth inspires me. She knits all the time-- or must knit all the time, based on the amount of amazing stuff she keeps producing. She knit this really cool cowl, and I headed for the basement-- one of the several areas that house way too much yarn accumulated over several years.

I finished it this morning--- just need to weave in ends and block.

So I'm stash diving, and planning more projects. I'm getting back into the groove of having something besides a half-done sock in progress at any given time.

We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Awww, I miss you too. You have no clue how much this made me smile. :)