Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Fine Friday

It was lovely. I got to sleep to a reasonable time, then went to work for a meeting and a tad of paperwork. I actually made it out in 2-1/2 hours!

Then to Trader Joe's to pick up some provisions for Knit'n'Nosh at Knit Happens. It's been ages since I've been able to stop in. And it was so great to see the friends I've been missing for so long, and some new friends as well.

These women are really important in my life, and I miss them when I'm not able to "hang out" for awhile.

I haven't seen Stephanie for a couple of months. We've both been busy and away. She started a new project-- a baby blanket that's a beautiful pale blue. Katie is back in the States for awhile, and it was great to see her, and catch up a bit. She brought in a top she'd done in King Tut, in a dark red. She wasn't fond of the way it looked on her, but Aimee tried it on, and it was spectacular.

I hadn't seen Rosanna since MS&W. She's working on the Mystery Shawl 3, which I joined as well-- but haven't started yet. Maybe today. (Need to go pick up some beads!) (Sorry-- it's closed, so I didn't link it.) Elspeth was holding down the fort at the counter. She appeared to be working on a modular knit scarf, and making good progress, I might add. Nikki was there, and I met another Laura. (Never enough Laura's.)

My friend from work, M came, too-- for a very special reason. She wanted to learn to knit! My evangelism is working! And since it was her birthday, I decided she needed to start out right, so she magically received an Addi Turbo circular, a couple of balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in a wonderful turquoise/teal that she zeroed in on immediately, and a set of "toys" that came in a cute little pouch. The yarn looks amazing with her pale blue-gren eyes. She is a quick study, and learned to cast on, knit and purl in just over 2 hours, and is on her way to a very respectable scarf.

We were having such a good time that I lost track of time, and Holly finally had to point out that it was closing time. (You don't have to go home, but you can't. stay. here.) And home I went.

Here We Go Again
This morning it was back to Mosaic Tile to look at tile for the middle bathroom. I just love looking at tiles and considering combinations and possiblities. The consultants really know their stuff, and are able to recommend combinations, and to give rough, ballpark estimates of cost for the project. Following my own advice, I paid a bit more attention to price this time around, and found a couple of possibilities that are very reasonable. We will probably tile around the tub to the ceiling, with some accents at eye level, rather than doing the walls around the whole room. We'll retile the floor and get a new tub, toilet, and probably a pedestal sink, as well as new lighting and medicine cabinet/mirror. And of course, the plumbing.

So I'll call the contractor this week, and get going on the plans, estimates and schedules.

Good thing I like this stuff...

1 comment:

Vouray said...

Can you believe that I've never stepped foot in "Knit Happens"?