Saturday, May 07, 2005

Making Progress in So Many Ways

Life's a little upside down right this minute. I worked a couple of night shifts, forgetting in a burst of altruism on Tuesday about Maryland Sheep and Wool today. I decided it would be perilous to my life and to that of others to drive up there on minimal sleep, and I need to get turned around to work a day shift tomorrow morning. Oh well, I'll live vicariously through the descriptions I get from my KH friends, and try not to moan too loudly . I can't imagine a nicer day for it-- the sun is shining and it's warm-but-not-too-warm, and I just think that those sheep and dogs and shoppers and spinners and yarn-sellers must just be having the best time--- (Reminder to self--- put this on the calendar for next year and let NOTHING stand in its way.)

I guess I'll go work on Fibonacci. I got quite a chunk done on Wednesday-- most of the first sleeve. During a lull last night, I made a little chart to track the stripes. Hopefully it will help, and I won't have to do too much ripping. It's a short-sleeved top that is knit across from the sleeve, and I 've just done the cable cast-ons to form the length for the body. I'ts going nicely. I have to keep stopping myself though, because I usually knit continental, but I have to "throw" for this project because for some reason the tension on my purl rows is way off with this yarn. It's got some spring to it, but I guess less than the wools I've been using. Never had a problem before. The back table crowd had many guffaws when they saw my swatch with the wonky purl rows. I keep going into auto-pilot and setting up the yarn with my left hand. Then I gently reprimand myself, and go back to the throw. Despite the minimal additional effort and minor hassle, I have to say, it is TOTALLY worth it. I really really like the way it's knitting up, and I LOVE the colors. I am definitely going to get more of this type for future projects.--- (typical a.d.d.-- I'm not even 1/4 of the way through this, and I have at least 5 projects in the wings and 2 others on needles, and so on, and I'm talking about buying more yarn.) (Down, girl-- it's ok.) But hey-- I'm not spending anything at MSW because I can't go!!!. (I say again-- Down, girl).

No comments: