Saturday, November 10, 2007

Catching Up

The Husband and I drove to Blacksburg last night for the Hokies' football game against FSU this afternoon. Here's hoping.... we don't have a good any record of winning against the 'Noles.

Today is Hokies for the Hungry- a food drive by the Marching Virginians. Moe's participated in the project by donating $$ and canned goods for each burrito purchased yesterday. The Husband and I were on our way to pick up said burritos, and decided to see if we could go to the basketball game last night. It was great fun-- and the first live hoops I'd seen since I saw Michael Jordan playing against the Wizards. That gives you an idea... We went to Moe's after the game. Good burritos.

Hilton Head
What a wonderful week. I have great pictures, and will share them soon. (Wouldn't you know-- I finally have time to blog and internet access, and the camera's not here....)

I spent the week sleeping, eating fresh seafood, walking on the beach, reading, knitting, and generally relaxing to the max. Oh, and watching football.

I finished reading Divorced, Drunk and Covered in Cat Hair by Crazy Aunt Purl-- highly recommended. In honor of being at Hilton Head, I started The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy. For some reason, I'd never read any of his work, although I've seen the movies-- The Great Sanitini, Conrack (film version of The Water is Wide), Lords of Discipline and Prince of Tides. I think I've got a new list of books to read.....

I also picked up HTML for Dummies-- we'll see if I learn anything. Actually, you'll be able to see if I learn anything. But it may take awhile.

I made great progress on The Tilted Duster. Once the skirt stitches are picked up and carefully counted, counted, and counted again, it's a pretty mindless knit. My method of keeping track of rows and increase rows is to make a little grid that I check off. I don't have great luck with row counters, especially when there is more involved than simply counting rows (eg. increase on rows 1,3 7 repeat from * 8 times). The front and back are completed, I'm about halfway through the skirt, and about 2/3 through each of the sleeves. I decided to start on the sleeves, because, well, you know-- sleeves... But I wanted to finish the front and back first so that I can make sure the sleeve caps will fit properly. The collar will be picked up and knit-- more mindless 2X2 rib.

We went to Casey's on Hilton Head to watch VT against Georgia Tech, and met new friends from Blacksburg who were also there to watch the game. We're joining them today for tailgate before the game. I baked some brownies-- boy, do they smell good!

So now to wrap this up, I say
LET'S GO HOKIES!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Laura, lovely to see you back, sounds as though your holiday was just perfect. Love the picture of the cardigan, hope the Hokies won.